- Ph.D. Astrophysics, Cambridge University, UK, 1966.
- Stellar Atmospheres.
- Stellar Evolution.
- Instruments & Techniques.
- Women in Astronomy.
- Database of plates.
- Composite-spectrum binary stars.
- Observational stellar spectroscopy.
- CP-Ap stars.
- Rescuing information from photographic spectra.
- Measuring historic ozone concentrations via astronomy's heritage spectra.
- Encouraging uses of archives in research.
- Trans-disciplinary uses of scientific data.
- Women in science.
- American Astronomical Society (AAS), Emeritus Member.
- International Astronomical Union (IAU), Active Member.
Affiliations within the IAU:
- Member of Division IV Commission 29 Stellar Spectra.
- Member of Division XII Commission 5 Documentation & Astronomical Data.
- Chair of Division XII Commission 5 WG Task Force on Preservation & Digitization of Photographic Plates.
- Chair of Division V WG Spectroscopic Data Archiving.
- Member of Division IV Stars.
- Member of Division XII Union-Wide Activities.
- Member of Division XII Commission 41 WG Astronomy and World Heritage.
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics - The National Research Council of Canada Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics (NRC-HIA) manages Canada's involvement in major astronomical observatories, thereby ensuring Canadian astronomers full access to world-class facilities spanning the entire sky. NRC-HIA also operates two of Canada's premier astronomical facilities: the Dominion Astrophysical Observatory (Victoria, BC) and the Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory (Penticton, BC).